Avoca Free Library

Here to serve the community

About Us

History

Avoca Free Library was organized and chartered in 1915. In the beginning the collection was housed in various local businesses. In 1938 the library purchased a district school house for $75. It was moved to Griswold Street on a flat bed truck where it served as a designated library.  Rev. J.R. Fraser served as the first librarian.

Staff

  • Justin Zeh – Director

  • Alissa Carlson – Library Assistant

Board Members

  • Cathleen Hopkins – Board President

  • Vicki Anderson – Treasurer

  • Candice Dockstader

  • Leah Beecher

  • Terry Heinemann

Avoca Free Library

 

Avoca Free Library © 2015 Frontier Theme